Last Updated: February 24, 2012
Notification of changes:
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
With our services, Gallerist is proud to be a true innovator in the way people find, buy and sell art. We value your trust in us and will work hard to earn your confidence so that you can enthusiastically use our services and recommend us to your friends and family.
Information We Collect
You can browse certain portions of our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, in order to buy or sell artwork through our Site or access members-only portions of the Site, you must complete a registration process.
Through the registration process and your use of the Site, we may collect and store the following personal information (“Personal Data”):
- name, email address, phone number, and physical contact information;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as items and content you generate or that relate to your account);
- correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our Site, services, content and advertising, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, advertising data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating Site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to us, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may share with third parties anonymized information in the performance of marketing services, including evaluating market trends and/or under a joint marketing agreement to provide services that will be of particular interest and relevance to you. Such information will not include Personal Data.
If you post artwork for sale on our site, we will display certain items of Personal Data that you provide, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address, in connection with your posting of artwork. In addition, we will display such Personal Data on a “seller profile” page that details all of the artwork that you have posted for sale on our site.
Some of the operations we perform may require us to hire other companies for assistance. For example, Gallerist may hire companies to help us handle mail and e-mail, analyze the data we collect, market our products and services, and provide customer service. The companies we employ to help us with these tasks may have access to Personal Data to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Compliance with Law and Protection of Gallerist:
Gallerist reserves the right to release Personal Data to third parties who are assisting us in protecting against or preventing actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liabilities, or to investigate potential fraudulent or questionable activities. Gallerist reserves the right to release Personal Data in response to legal process, in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, to protect the rights, property or safety of Gallerist, our users, or others, or as we believe may otherwise be required by law.
How We Protect Customer Information
Gallerist uses industry-standard security measures to protect your Personal Data. Though nothing is secure on the Internet we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers in your passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Data
Gallerist understands that you may want to change or access your Personal Data. You may do so by accessing your account. To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your Personal Data. If you have registered your profile on any of the services available on the Site from Gallerist, your e-mail address and password are required in order to access your account information.
A Special Note About Children and International Visitors
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use any services on our Site. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children.
We may seek to notify you in the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification.
If you receive an email or other correspondence requesting that you provide any personal information (including your password or credit card information) via email or to a site that does not seem to be affiliated with the Site, or that otherwise seems suspicious to you, please do not provide such information, and report such request to us at email@example.com.
We welcome your questions and comments. If you have any questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org